8.28.2007

What I'm Listening To - 8.28.07

well, now that this blog is taking shape in my mind, i'm starting out with my first 'what i'm listening to.' click on titles to check out the songs.



1. "Model (Sinden Remix)" by To My Boy.



I found this awesome little remix, which quips "this weekend I constructed a model for the answer. it wasn't very easy, but these things never are i suppose!" what is to my boy answering? the question of life's purpose? hm. left me wondering. awesome house/techno beat with great production backing and remix by Sinden, a great British DJ that's worth checking out.



2."No One" by Alicia Keys



New midtempo love song from her forthcoming album, As I Am. Adequate lyrics, great instrumentation as always, but you can tell her voice has aged in the years since her last album. Slurred runs, overexertion, pitchiness. But still, a good track to brighten a day. It's all about that feeling one gets in an ideal relationship. Sure, it's trite, but it's cute. "No one/can get in the way of what i feel for you." Makes me feel lacking in the relationship area. sigh.





from my seemingly endless vault of music comes one of the first techno pieces i ever listened to and became addicted to when i discovered columbia house and signed up as a rebel 10 year old member. included in my first shipment was urbal beats, which i had chosen due to my love for the band the prodigy and their album, the fat of the land. but that's another story. track sixteen just happened to be

"Busy Child" by The Crystal Method


----------------
Now playing: The Prodigy - Shoot Down
via FoxyTunes

No comments: