8.31.2007

What I'm Listening To - 8.31.07


"Make It Hot" by Lil Mama.

The best 17 year old female on the market, Lil Mama, who produced the viral single, Lipgloss, has since released three more songs. "GSlide/Tour Bus" is her second single. Then "On Fire, " and then "Make It Hot." I love love love this song. Her ghetto voice flows over synth horns, she sings the chorus boistrously, over added clinking percussion "I-I came to put it down/Straight from New York to the A Town/ Haters wanna see me down/I ain't even put put put it down."

"It's Lil Mama, voice of the Young People" she boasts, mentioning the title of her album, and she couldn't be more correct. If she's the voice for the young people my age, i'll take it. She's better than any female MC since Missy. She puts it down HARD on this track, and I couldn't be happier.

Take a listen. Love it. It's a medium-quality rip.

----------------
Now playing: M.I.A. - URAQT (Luvtek Remix)
via FoxyTunes

No comments: